After you have scheduled your survey, there are a few things that you should make sure you do in order so that the entire survey will be performed and completed as promptly as possible:
- Make sure to coordinate the survey with the yacht broker / owner.
- Schedule the haul / launch the vessel if it is a pre-purchase survey.
- Have the keys or combination for all locks and the ignition key.
- Make sure that all of the equipment, electronics, sails, etc. are on board for inspection.
- All compartments should be free of miscellaneous materials that are not part of the vessels equipment.
- Any associated documentation and paperwork should be available for inspection.
And if you are planning to attend the survey, don't forget to bring a pen and pad. We will often recommend repair methods, routine maintenance, and other information that is not part of the survey but may help in the upkeep of your vessel.